“The worst part about all of this is I don’t even remember where you came from, nor do I really care. Leave.”
The text of the poem is like a surfboard; you cannot understand what surfing means by just looking at a surfboard.
For once they got someone who understands.
Whitney Houston’s isolated vocal track on “How Will I Know.”
Salt on a vibrating table.
(Apparently it’s showing a visual representation of the harmonic nodes? I don’t know either. Pardon me while I go google….)
The best moments of Christopher Hitchens.
Time for Star Peace!
Star Wars and Star Trek need to unite to battle their common enemy … Twilight.
- Feierabend: a festive frame of mind at the end of a working day
- Drachenfutter: (“dragon fodder”) a peace offering to a wife from a guilty husband
- Erminenfloh: (“ermine flea”) a sycophant to the powerful
- Fachmensch: a narrow specialist
- Fingerspitzengefühl: (“fingertipfeel”) intuitive sensibility, confident sureness of touch
- fisselig: nagged and flustered to the point of incompetence
- pomadig: “like hair oil,” resourceful, confident, able to slip through difficulties
- Schlimmbesserung: an intended improvement that has made things worse
- Stammplatz: a favorite, usual spot, as a table at a café
- Torschlusspanik: (“gate closing panic”) fear that time is running out to act
- Wundersucht: a passion for miracles
- Zivilcourage: courage to express unpopular opinions
- Zwischenraum: the space between things
From the awesome Futility Closet.
“Not killing employees” and “destroyers eco-systems” are big things. BP focuses on the little things, like radio commercials.
The other side of Christmas
Delegation of duty. St Nick rewarded the good kids, while Krampus punished the naughty ones.
Anonymous asked: I'm the guy who wrote Civil War vs. WWII Presidents. I ment who would win in a fight. All of them are at the peak of their stregnths.
All right, so let me reset the question.
Civil War Presidents (Grant, Hayes, Garfield, Arthur, Harrison, and Mckinley) vs WWII...
Amanda Palmer – Vegemite (The Black Death)
This reminds me—I’m out of Vegemite.
I’m gonna file this under things that get me annoyed: When people leave me ask messages (not on this blog, but my side blogs) telling me to queue...